[Asterisk-Users] setting up 7940

kwijibo at zianet.com kwijibo at zianet.com
Wed Mar 31 14:44:14 MST 2004

Are you trying to change the password on the phone or the
password it sends to Asterisk to authenticate with?  To change
the password to the phone you need to put:

phone_password: "somepassword"

in either the SIP<MAC>.cnf or the SIPDefault.cnf, depending how
global you wish to make the password.  Remember that values
defined in SIP<MAC>.cnf trump the values defined in SIPDefault.cnf.

Steve