[Asterisk-Users] Newbie....

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Wed Mar 31 12:42:33 MST 2004

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 16:00, Hall, Eric M. wrote:
> I have a question for the group.
>  To get this running do I need any Digium Cards? I understand I will
> need them to connect to the public phone system. I'm looking at just
> using IP Phones or IP Softphones just to test this app.

You can certainly use Asterisk without Digium hardware. But some
applications will not work out of the box, like music on hold and
meetme. For them to work you may need to compile ztdummy (uncomment the
appropiate line in zaptel Makefile), and make sure that your sip clients
transmit silence. If you are running RedHat or Fedora, start asterisk
with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 Good luck,

--
Nicolas Gudino <nicolas at house.com.ar>
House Internet S.R.L.