[Asterisk-Users] Basic Answering Machine Function?

Jeff Rush jrush at taupro.com
Wed Mar 31 11:45:04 MST 2004

I've had my * setup installed with an X100P card for a couple of weeks
and it's great fun!  I'm even giving a demo to the local Linux group in
a couple of days.

But I have a snag.  I have the X100P on a shared line, and configured to
wait for 20 seconds before answering and doing the
auto-attendant/voicemail dance.  My problem is I can't find an
application command to cancel the pickup if a real person picks up the
line on the first or second ring.  The audio gets mixed together as if
someone picked up an extension, of course.

I haven't seen any predicates for incoming call progress detection, and
the Answer predicate, while it says it only answers if the line is
ringing, always seems to pickup.  Do I need to sprinkle in a ChanIsAvail
somehow to detect a call in progress?

[HomeAutoAttendant]
  exten => s,1,Wait,20 ; Let phone ring for 20 seconds
  exten => s,2,Answer  ; If line is ringing, answer, else do nothing
  exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
  exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10
  exten => s,5,BackGround(home-welcome)

Thanks for any help.