[Asterisk-Users] 3-4 port FXO card recommendations

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Wed Mar 31 09:54:16 MST 2004

Mark Buckaway wrote:
> *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm)
> Pro*
> In setting up Asterisk, I'm looking to dump my current phone system
> (Nortel Venture). I presently have three POTS lines.
>
> I would use a VOIP provider, but now are presently available in the
> Toronto, ON, CANADA area that support user owned hardware/software. I
> need a 416/647 area code number.

Sorry I can't help with this part!

> In looking at FXO cards to atteach to the lines, I've seen the Digum
> single port FXO card and their multipoort FXS cards. So far, the
> cheapest route seems to be to buy three Digum FXO cards; however, the
> system I want to use them it only has some three/four PCI slots.
> Having one card with three FXO ports would be useful. I'm also open
> to using an external device. I bought a DLink dual port MCGP FXS
> device and that works well. The name of the game is CHEAP
> though...and Ebay has not been very useful.

If you get the T100p board an an Adtran 750 with some FXS and FXO ports you
can do this without any major problems.  Ebay has these unit's in good
working order for around $ 400 to $ 500.00 dollar mark.  Your setup is a
small one and all you need is a basic PC with around 256mg of ram.  PIII 800
or better.  You can use your current Analog phones and add the sip later on!