[Asterisk-Users] Re: Can't compile asterisk.

John Chambers jc at trillian.mit.edu
Wed Mar 31 09:34:31 MST 2004

岩田 伸介 wrote:

> I got these compile errors while install asterisk.
> readline and openssl are compiled using gnu source, and kernel version is 2.4.17.
>
> Compile errors message is follows.
> Someone cleared this problem?
> Please, help!
>
> Regards.

> gcc -g  -o asterisk -Wl,-E  io.o sched.o logger.o frame.o loader.o config.
> o channel.o translate.o file.o say.o pbx.o cli.o md5.o term.o ulaw.o alaw.o call
> erid.o fskmodem.o image.o app.o cdr.o tdd.o acl.o rtp.o manager.o asterisk.o ast
> _expr.o dsp.o chanvars.o indications.o autoservice.o db.o privacy.o astmm.o enum
> .o srv.o dns.o aescrypt.o aestab.o aeskey.o -ldl -lpthread -lncurses -lm -lresol
> v   editline/libedit.a db1-ast/libdb1.a stdtime/libtime.a
> make: pwd: Command not found

This error probably indicates something significant. What sort of system are
you compiling on?  It's quite unusual for "pwd" to be missing on any unix-like
system.  So it must not be in your search path.  It's almost always /bin/pwd,
and if you don't have /bin and /usr/bin in your search path, a lot of scripts
are going to fail.

The Makefiles in the asterisk source don't seem to override the PATH variable.
So maybe you should "echo $PATH" and see what's there.  Make sure that /bin
and /usr/bin are both there somewhere.

Or type "whereis pwd" and see if it's in an unusual place on your disk, and add
that directory to your search path.

Of course, this may not be the real problem.  But it probably is part of the
problem.