[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and picoCell GSM Base Stations

Chris Lee cslee-list at cybericom.co.uk
Wed Mar 31 04:08:08 MST 2004

The UK is currently not legally set up to allow the use of these devices
as there is currently no unlicensed bandwidth in the GSM space.
If you want to use one you have to approach the Cellular networks and
ask them to install it and connect it directly to their network.
You may be able to pay them enough to let you use their space within
your building.

So using old cell phones is out for the UK until OfCom does something
about it, which I hear may be in the pipe line.

These things go for about £2000, this is based on an order of 100, and
is probably not available through the Cellular network for this price.

Regards
Chris.