[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 trunk mode over satellite

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Mar 31 01:25:14 MST 2004

I've found pretty much most RTP sessions work OK over satellite,
though I have had similar problems with IAX2 at this point, which
makes me somewhat nervous.  Satellite jitter is actually fairly low
as a percentage if you have a decent uncrowded space/data segment ...
but fairly high in real millsecond differences.

I suppose I'll set up dummynet or the NISTNet delay generation tools
to find out.   In my spare time.  <sigh>

JT

At 8:27 AM +0200 3/31/04, <clive18 at webmail.co.za> wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have even used H323 over satelite, and beside the lagg,
>no trouble.  My only issue is the jitter buffer on IAX2
>seems to be broken. On a very jittery connection, I can
>hardly make a decent call on IAX2.
>
>Good luck!
>regards
>Clive
>

>On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:15:52 -0800
>  John Todd <jtodd at loligo.com> wrote:
>
>  >
>>  Today has been the day for satellite questions,
>  > apparently, so I'll proxy one out to the rest of the
[snip]