[Asterisk-Users] DTMF trouble on isdn: Discarding too big frame of size 1280

Stefano Finetti sfinetti at lynxautodelta.it
Wed Mar 31 01:05:25 MST 2004

Hello all,

I'm becoming mad in trying to solve that issue.

If I make a call from any of the phone here (I have some Grandstream and a
couple of Snom105 - quite one of the best phones i've ever seen, this last
one), to an outside IVR system, if i try to send dtmf to choose one of the
IVR options, i notice in the /log/asterisk/messages this line:

WARNING[43028]: Discarding too big frame of size 1280

These are the combinations i've tried:

(I'm testing now on Snom only since we are changing all our phones from GS
to Snom for quality issues)

1) Phones with Outband=on, dtmf payload=101 and dtmfmode=rfc2833 in
sip.conf.

2) Phones with Outband=on, dtmf payload=101 and dtmfmode=info in sip.conf

3) I've also tried to switch to inband (setting audio codec as g711u)

I'm using the 1.0 first stable version of * now, downloaded yesterday night
to see if this new version solved something but it's the same.

i googled a bit to find a solution, but found only a my own question of
about 1 year ago :-(

Any hints?

Thanks in advance

--