[Asterisk-Users] DTMF Detection Problem

Ron McMillin sipnow at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 30 22:45:19 MST 2004

Hi,
  My set up is like this
Asterisk--->SipuraATA----->AnalogPhone
When I'm calling into asterisk from a cell phone, there's no dtmf detection problem as asterisk can detect correct extensions that I press. But when the phone is further connected to the AnalogPhone thru the ATA, the dtmf signal is really short/weak. I've tried to adjust dtmf lengths, gain, etc. on the ATA and it helps a little bit, but not much. And this seems to be a problem only if I call in from a cell phone. If I were to use a SIP phone to call in, it works much better.

Is there a way to make Asterisk to regenerate the DTMF tones to improve the DTMF tones? Such as making it interpret the DTMF tones and regenerate it w/ a certain length regardless of original signal length. The reason I want to DTMF comes to AnalogPhone clearly is because I want to ultimately connect it to a FXSFXO converter and go back out to PSTN line.

Thank you
Ron