[Asterisk-Users] asterisk @ home ?

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Tue Mar 30 14:30:10 MST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, calvis wrote:
> What are reciprocal comp minutes?  Please explain.

In some states, the competitive and incumbent phone carriers bill each
other for calls that they terminate from the other. If a Qwest customer
calls a Dave's Phone Company customer, I will get a small amount of money
per minute for completing the call. Some states are bill and keep, meaning
no one gets paid. ISP's loved it when they could set up as a CLEC and put
their modem banks on their own switch, because they are terminating all of
these calls and getting paid per minute from the ILEC to do so. The FCC
let the ILEC's not pay reciprocal comp for those calls.

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent