[Asterisk-Users] VON Update - Greetings from Infomercial Central

Rainer Jochem rainer at graphics.cs.uni-sb.de
Tue Mar 30 11:25:42 MST 2004

> 	This is not all bad.  It is good research into the strategies the
> big players are using.  It looks like the big money players (AT&T, Nortel,
> Siemens, Cisco, etc.) are really trying to push into VoIP in a big way.  The
> other big positive is the fact that people are actually, well, positive.
> The buzz and the money seem to be back in the VoIP market.  I just hope that
> the Asterisk community can take advantage of the change.

Cool. I can affirm this from  CeBIT this month where we were also
showing VoIP with */SER at the booth of our University.
Also there was almost every company at least doing something with VoIP
and there were several also big companies interested in OpenSource
VoIP.

> Asterisk Team Arrives
>
> 	Mark and Greg, plus Jeremy from NuFone and Don Witt from Cylogistics
> are here and manning the booth.  A good number of people wandered by to see
> the display and to ask questions about Asterisk.  Lots of interest!  I
> actually have seen an IAXy, so I can attest to the fact that they actually
> exist.  Rumors have it that they will be available in the near future.
> Similar rumors surround the FXO modules for the TDM4XX platform.

Where are the pics and the livecam??? :)

Have a nice journey there and greet Mark,

 Rainer

--
http://graphics.cs.uni-sb.de/VoIP/