[Asterisk-Users] Re: What failed here?

James Golovich james at wwnet.net
Tue Mar 30 11:02:52 MST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, John Chambers wrote:

> Another worrying thing that I've noticed:  The stuff at the start
> of the make (that scrolls off the top too fast to read ;-) first does
> a mkdep, and then these messages appear:
>
> cli.c:31:19: build.h: No such file or directory
> dlfcn.c:40:25: mach-o/dyld.h: No such file or directory
> dlfcn.c:41:26: mach-o/nlist.h: No such file or directory
> dlfcn.c:42:28: mach-o/getsect.h: No such file or directory
>
> Sure enough, those files don't exist. Some time later, build.h does
> appear, when the Makefile runs make_build.h.  It seems a bit odd that
> the Makefile would attempt to use build.h before creating it.  This
> looks like a sign of something wrong, but I can't tell what. Any
> idea how to fix this?  Or is it actually a problem?

The mkdep simply builds .depend files in each directory of the source
tree.  make uses this to determine what needs to be rebuilt if one of the
header files has changed.  There is nothing to worry about at all with
that part.

It looks like either your CC line in the Makefile has been changed, or
perhaps your overriding it somehow.  Make sure your using unmodified code.

/var/spool/asterisk is a directory not an executable, and make should be
calling gcc instead of /var/spool/asterisk

James