[Asterisk-Users] m0nowall and *

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Tue Mar 30 09:29:56 MST 2004

Michael Graves wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've finally become so frustrated with my current router that I'm
> seeking alternatives. I presently use a Linksys BEFSR81 which was
> chosen for its QoS capability. However, that device quite routinely
> loses WAN<>LAN connectivity requiring a reboot. Sometimes it goes day
> or weeks just fine, sometimes I have to reboot it 4 times a day.
> Readingwwwbroadbandreports.com's VOIP forum I see that this is a known
> problem with this device. Linksys will provide no assistance
> whatsoever.

We have switched our main router to the new m0n0wall.  The soerkis
motherboard were the ones used for there development.  We are running it on
a dell celeron 1U system with just a Flash disk drive in the system.  It is
fast and works correctly.  We had some some Linksys routers out in the other
office which we are looking at replacing with this new m0n0wall.  At present
cost is a factor.  linksys are under $ 100.00 for there vpn router and the
othe conbination is around $ 400 to $500 dollars more.  The QoS on ours seem
to be working just fine.  We have had no problems with.  We do have some
issues with there PPTP.  This has given us some problems so we have to work
on this part.