[Asterisk-Users] Call routing based upon callerID

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 04:05:09 MST 2004

Well, it is what he asked for, perhaps it was because I didn't do all of it for him, since I wanted him to learn rather than just copy...

Let me explain:

John : "The scenario is that I want all calls originating from number xxxxx to be routed to a particular extension"

>exten => s/12345678,1,congestion

This means that any call with callerid of 12345678 will execute the congestion application. The application at the end can be anything at all, a Goto, a dial whatever...

John: " those from yyyyyy to another"

>exten => s/24681012,1,Dial(SIP/phone2)

the same as above but for 24681012 and that it run the dial application..

John: " and anything else to a third."

>exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/phone1,30)

neither of the above 2  were met,  (no callerid or callerid not matching) so dial a different phone...

If I've suddenly become unable to understand English then let me know....if not then hopefully this explains how to use the feature...

Andy