[Asterisk-Users] external SIP calls newbie question

Chris Stenton jacs at gnome.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 01:36:54 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Wilson" <a2 at fishingmatters.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 2:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] external SIP calls newbie question

> Chris Stenton wrote:
>
> >I have  configured a basic * box which allows external sip calls in. This
works correctly if someone calls say 23 at foo.bar and thus gets put through to
extension 23. However, I have not been able to figure out or find the
documentation on  how to direct sip calls made to just foo.bar to be sent to
a default extension. In the sip debug it says its looking for the IP address
of the caller in the default context which of course it cant find and
rejects the call. Is there a way to force the extension?

> >Chris
> >

> I'm trying to do the same thing, but for invalid numbers. If someone
> calls an invalid extension, I'd like to send them to a menu selection. I
> have:
> exten => i,1,Goto(mainmenu,s,1)  at the end of  the context called
> [default], but it doesn't do anything. I'm still reading and trying to
> figure out how to trace the call.
>
> Robert

Robert,

 I found the answer in a demo config somewhere. Put

exten => _.,1,Goto(mainmenu,s,1)

at the end of your conetxt.

Chris