[Asterisk-Users] FreeBSD

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 19:54:47 MST 2004

One other on-line resource:  http://zapatatelephony.org/

The _original_ driver was for BSD.  The folks at Digium
appearently ported it to Linux and likely improved it over
time.  But the old BSD driver is still there.

The zapata cards were a kind of "open source hardware"
project.  The hardware design was made public  See
above URL.

Getting the old BSD driver to build would be a good first
step.

See here for old BSD driver
http://zapatatelephony.org/tor.c

http://people.freebsd.org/~blackend/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/index.html
>  and have a look at chapter 13, "Writing FreeBSD Device Drivers", and
> have fun.  =)
> If I didn't have all sorts of other half finished projects, I'd mess
> with it... but I've only done simple apps before, nothing like
> writing a driver..
>
> fobbit.org has gotten the old Creative VoIP blaster working under
> FreeBSD, but its a whole application, and not just a driver.
>
> - - -   Jon
>
> At 09:54 PM 3/29/2004 -0400, you wrote:
> >*cough* not a thing.
> >
> >- Joshua Colp.