[Asterisk-Users] Chan_phone problems

Brian Cuthie brian at systemix.com
Mon Mar 29 10:48:31 MST 2004

Hi All,

I'm really new to Asterisk, and I'm having a little trouble with my test
setup. Things are pretty simple so far:

	Linux 2.4 kernel (Redhat 9)
	Linux PhoneJack-Lite interface

What happens is that I get dialtone, but dialing doesn't seem to do
anything. I neither get connected to whatever I dialied, nor do I lose
dialtone.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something dumb, and any help is greatly
appreciated.

One general question I have regards interfaces and incoming calls. I think I
basically understand the dialplan concept, but it seems to deal soley with
where a call "goes".  What I can't seem to figure out is how Asterisk
configures input channels.

Cheers,

Brian