[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail + SIP Message header

Umar Sear USear at alwaysonvpn.com
Mon Mar 29 01:29:53 MST 2004

Hi Deepak,

I had a similar setup, However I was able to configure the softswitch to
send a prefix followed by the number dialled in the to field. This way I
could route the call to the right mailbox and be able to play the right
busy or away message.

Can you say what softswitch you are using ?

Umar

I am trying to use Asterisk as a "pure" voicemail system and have the
following
setup:
I have the * setup as a SIP peer to a softswitch. When someone calls a
number on the softswitch and no one picks up the phone, the softswitch
forwards the call to the * using SIP. The message header of the SIP
INVITE has the number originally called in the "To:" field, but the
INVITE is still being sent to the number asterisk is configured for.

Is there any way that I can configure asterisk to "read" the To: field
in the message header of the SIP INVITE and then go to the mailbox of
the corresponding number?

Thanks

Deepak

Registered in England No. 04348334.
Tel: (+44) 0118 965 5600

This message is subject to and does not create or vary any
contractual relationship between alwaysON Group, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("Emperian & alwaysON") and you. Internet communications are
not secure and therefore alwaysON Group does not accept legal responsibility
for the contents of this message. Any view or opinions expressed
are those of the author. The message is intended for the addressee
only and its contents and any attached files are strictly confidential.
If you have received it in error, please telephone the number above.
Thank you.