[Asterisk-Users] Multiple IAX2 connections

Darnell Gadberry darnell at binmedia.com
Sat Mar 27 17:51:59 MST 2004

Is it possible to maintain two separate and distinct IAX2 connections
between a pair of Asterisk servers?

Here is the scenario: I use VoicePulse Connect for inbound and outbound
calling. I have a friend who also has
an account and I would like to add his profile to my Asterisk Server. I
added entries to sip.conf, extensions.conf,
and iax.conf to support his configuration. My DID works fine as does
outbound calling. Unfortunately, when an
inbound from his DID arrives at my box, I get the following error:

Mar 27 16:39:43 NOTICE[1142106560]: Host 66.234.228.132 failed to
authenticate as voicepulse

Interestingly enough, when used alone, his profile works just fine.

I have pasted the iax.conf file below (with usernames and passwords
obscured):

[general]
port = 5036
disallow = all