[Asterisk-Users] SoftFAX/spandsp

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Thu Mar 25 18:14:39 MST 2004

Hi Eric,

I was all day trying and came up with this:

gs -q -sDEVICE=tiffg3 -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -r204x196 \
-dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=$TIFFILE -- $PSFILE

I'm using a modified version of "salsafax/sambafax" to enable a
print2fax option for windows/linux clients.

You add a printer to cups and share it via Samba. Then, you append a
line with the fax number in the file you want to be faxed "Fax-Nr
34333333" and print it to the network printer from any application.

The scripts extracts the number and then generates a call file for
asterisk.

Some ps files cannot be extracted, so I used an OCR application (gocr)
to extract the text, maybe its overkill, but it works most of the time
(here we send less than ten faxes a day, so its no problem for us). I
will clean up the scripts and post them for others to use.

Good luck,

--
Nicolas Gudino <nicolas at house.com.ar>
House Internet S.R.L.