[Asterisk-Users] IAX and Snom200

Barry Fawthrop voip at ttienterprises.org
Thu Mar 25 09:07:24 MST 2004

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Christian Stredicke
  To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
  Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 10:05 AM
  Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] IAX and Snom200

  We thought about this option. I guess the IAX2 is not the problem. We believe the real problem will be the user interface.

  snom would have no problem providing the platform (hardware plus operating system and stuff like audio), but we simply don't want to open another development branch (already got enough trouble with SIP.-).

  I personally think its ok to optimize the SIP interoperability. All that you can do in IAX can also be done in SIP (or am I making a big mistake here?).

  Christian

  There is the big difference. in that IAX handles NAT much better, esp. double NAT (security)

  I'm not sure if you work for snom, but I'm willing to help out where I can.

  Anyone else care to list the differences between SIP and IAX2?

  If would be great to get a comprehensive list, Mark or the digium guys ???

  Barry