[Asterisk-Users] Intercom/hotline/prison/keypad-less phones

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Mar 25 00:01:55 MST 2004

I know this question comes up every once in a while as far as where
to find "intercom" or "hotline" phones that are battle-hardened, so
here's a site that carries a line of phones that are very minimalist
in nature, and are built to withstand tremendous amounts of abuse.

http://www.commconnection.com/ASPCart/default.asp

Pull down the menu to "Coinless/Prison/Inmate" phones.

I have cross-posted this to inet-access, since those of you who run
co-location shops with no communications methods other than a stupid
buzzer button, or a really lame drive-through restaurant second-hand
speaker/microphone system should consider purchasing one of these for
each doorway in your facility.  Combined with an ATA-186, Sipura, or
other similar product that handled PLAR (Private Line Auto Ringdown,
aka automatic hotline dialing) and the Asterisk open-source PBX
platform, you should have no problem getting these to do the right
thing for your facility.

I can't give any opinions of "Communication Connection", as I have
not yet done business with them, but it's a good start for more
Googling.

JT