[Asterisk-Users] Any Suggestion for this system?

Lisa Xie lxie at qovia.com
Wed Mar 24 08:36:28 MST 2004

Dear everyone,

I am new to the mailing list and the asterisk system. I am looking for
suggestions to start a VoIP test lab and I am seriously interested in
the asterisk solution. After some homework, this is the end to end
system that I come up in mind:
1. Two PCs running asterisk: Intel Celeron, 833MHz, 256M memory
2. Each PC with one Wildcard T100P Single-Span T1, one Wildcard TDM400P
Quad-Port FXS PCI
3. 5 3com SIP phones plus software phones
4. And I like to interconnect these two PC through Ascend 4000 WAN
router.

Will the system work? The test lab will probably be expanded later and
need:
1. WAN simulator
2. Asterisk system to other vendor system: Nortel, Cisco.
3. E1 support

Do you see any potential incompatibility in this initial system for
future needs?

Thanks!

Lisa