[Asterisk-Users] SoftFAX/spandsp

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Mar 23 09:46:46 MST 2004

On Monday 22 March 2004 18:26, Steve Underwood wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> >On Sunday 21 March 2004 07:10, Steve Underwood wrote:
> >>I have received more excellent problem report information, and I
> >>have resolved a number of issues affecting my soft FAX machine
> >> when working with various models of real FAX machine. The code
> >> now seems to be working with a much greater range of fax
> >> machines. A problem affecting the reliability of multi-page fax
> >> receive has also been corrected.
> >
> >You may want to add to the notes that libaudiofile is also
> > apparently required to compile spandsp.  I did not see any such
> > note either in the README, INSTALL, or on the website.
>
> That should only be required when building the tests. It should not
> be needed for normal users of the library.

I'm not sure what the requirement was for, but a simple 'make' failed
on one particular build.  If that build is not needed for the library,
you might consider making the build conditional in the Makefile
(i.e. conditional on having the header file).

-----snip-----
source='power_meter.c' object='power_meter.lo' libtool=yes \
depfile='.deps/power_meter.Plo' tmpdepfile='.deps/power_meter.TPlo' \
depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../config/depcomp \
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I
-g -O2 -c -o power_meter.lo `test -f 'power_meter.c' || echo
'./'`power_meter.c
rm -f .libs/power_meter.lo
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I -g -O2 -c power_meter.c -MT
power_meter.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/power_meter.TPlo  -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/power_meter.lo
power_meter.c:40:23: audiofile.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [power_meter.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/spandsp-0.0.1/src'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/spandsp-0.0.1/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

-Tilghman