[Asterisk-Users] SoftFAX/spandsp: installing and results on Gentoo/SuSE

Diego Ercolani ercolani-asterisk-users at yacme.com
Tue Mar 23 07:36:39 MST 2004

Il 14:27, martedì 23 marzo 2004, Stephen Davies ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed spandsp library an RxFAX app on my Gentoo based *
> server - here's a little report on the process.
>[...]
> My conclusion - spandsp seems to have a compatibility issue with
> tiff-3.6.1.  (Unless my install approach was broken).  And - you may
> want to make the two missing header files available for more than just
> 3.5.7 of libtiff.
>
> I'm really impressed with the end-result - awesome to do that all in
> software!
>
> Regards,
> Steve Davies

I've found the same unresolved issue with libtiff. I use SuSE 9.0
To address the problem, here there are two links to download my copy of
libtiff and tiff 3.6.1

http://www.alleanzapopolare.net/asterisk/libtiff-3.6.1-307.i586.rpm
http://www.alleanzapopolare.net/asterisk/tiff-3.6.1-307.src.rpm

With this library, I compile just fine, I receive faxes, and don't fall in
core dumps but the tiff file rxfax receive is readable but the image is only
some black lines and dots not what I send.
Thnak you