[Asterisk-Users] bleutooth gsm - usb

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Tue Mar 23 03:27:35 MST 2004

Hi,

>> hi!
>>
>> Anyone has try combination gsm phone (with bluetooth) and linux pc with
>> usb bluetooth dongle (audio gateway) to connect to asterisk like
>> standard voice modem?
>>
> From: "Dean Collins" <dean at collins.net.pr>
> Did you see the siemens cordless phone that works with google that I
> posted last week? Could offer something similar.

I think that the idea is to replace a combination of something like X100 +
Nokia Premicell with a BT enabled GSM phone, a BT USB dongle on the Asterisk
PC and an apropriate driver.
What is missing now is the driver...
In this way you can have an Asterisk external line based on GSM without any
additional/proprietary hardware.

It will be great to have something like that.

BR,
Dan