[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk behind firewall and IAX

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Mar 22 19:59:47 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 20:42, Simon Brown wrote:
> I have my Asterisk server behind a Cisco firewall.  I am trying to set up IAX
> but I cannot work out which ports I need to open up on my firewall.  I have
> opened 4569, 5036, and 5060 but IAX calls will not proceed unless I turn off
> all access lists on the firewall.

4569 is IAX2, 5036 is IAX, 5060 is SIP Signaling.  Remember these are
all UDP.  Looks at the logs from your Cisco, they will tell you exactly
which packets are being blocked.  Assuming you put deny "ip any any log"
at the end of your access list (having the router log to a syslog server
somewhere is also helpful.

--
Useful Asterisk Docs (BOOKMARK THEM!):
http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=documentation (look at the