[Asterisk-Users] New Guy Here for Linux PBX

Jeremy jeremy at arservicegroup.com
Mon Mar 22 19:38:39 MST 2004

Hello all:

I've recently stumbled upon this PBX on  Linux concept.  I hope to learn
and absorb as much as I can.  I am very open to thoughts, ideas,
comments and suggestions, as I really dont know where to start, other
than lurking here for a while to pick up on what I can.

I would very much like to learn how I can create an inexpensive pbx
system for my service repair call center of 10 users.  I wonder if its
going to be possible to use the users desktop as the actual phone
(soundcard, headset/mic) etc if the user is logged on to the local area
network.  Am a bit unsure of the hardware required for this setup, other
than a linux server, and what kind or type of phone is to be used for
the users. and would this work for a remote user connected to our LAN
via the web?
Lots of questions.

Is this the right place to begin after reading the Asterisk website?

-Jeremy