[Asterisk-Users] E&M Signalling

George Pajari George.Pajari at NetVoice.ca
Mon Mar 22 14:28:04 MST 2004

David J Carter wrote:

>I may need to connect to a system with E&M connectivity.
>Am I right in assuming a T1 card and Channel Bank will give me this
>connectivity?

Depends on the channel bank -- make sure it supports E&M.

If you don't need to support a lot of E&M trunks you can take a look at
Multi-Tech's VoIP gateways. Expensive but they support E&M and ought to
be able to be connected to Asterisk (although I haven't tried myself)
using H.323 -- don't know about their SIP support.

g.