[Asterisk-Users] Playback Volume for Record Application

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at unorthodox.com
Mon Mar 22 12:43:53 MST 2004

Thanks Steve. Right after I sent my note, it occurred to me that I
could create a dummy voicemail account, and point my current "Record"
extension to that, and use Voicemail to record the "higher volume"
version.

I just did one quick test, unscientific at best, and I think the above
works reasonably well. Instead of leaving a message, I actually
created a dummy vm user, and used VoicemailMain to record a "busy.wav"
file, which I then moved to a normal "sound" file, and used the
Playback application. It sounded enough louder to me than the original
"Record" application made it.