[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 vs 7905

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Mon Mar 22 11:16:24 MST 2004

On Mar 21, 2004, at 3:53 PM, Rich Adamson wrote:
> I only have the 7960, so can't comment much on the 7905. The 7960 is a
> very stable business-class phone that has high acceptability by non-
> techie users. Feels & looks like a telephone and doesn't slide across
> the desk when you stretch the handset cord. Spearkerphone and all work
> very well.

> The screen on the 7960 is a rather low resolution one, and therefore
> does not display much data. Pressing the "directory" button (and
> selecting
> external directory) does use xml to look up entries from a remote web
> server (apache in my case), and appears to load all entries at the
> server
> at one time (therefore, there probably is some magic limit as to number
> of entries). Cisco did produce an xml document for the phone.

Can someone with a 7905 jump in?  The wiki says that the display on the
7905 is higher resolution then the 7960, but doesn't give any details.
How many lines of text does it show, and does it use a 1-line or 2-line
format for directory entries?  I'd like to order a phone today, but I'd
like a bit more information first.

Scott