[Asterisk-Users] proposed * setup, looking for feedback.

Paul Concepcion pconcepcion at mb.capyi.ca
Mon Mar 22 09:12:38 MST 2004

I've looked at the * docs and wiki further, and sketched out this map of
how the phone/network at our call center (4 seats) would work.

- From the CO, 4 phone lines which go into ...
- a channel bank with 4-8 FXO interfaces and a T1 interface which leads
into ...
- the * server, with a T100P card and an ethernet card, which leads into ...
- a Cisco 24-port switch, with four of those ports leading to ...
- 4 SIP phones at the desk for our agents.

I thought getting an 8-channel T1 would be more scalable as we grow, but
the monthly cost of getting the equivalent number of phone lines is half
that of the T1, thus, the channel bank.

So my questions to the list are :
Assuming all the hardware can talk to each other, will this setup work?
What would need to be changed to have a functioning call center?
I would like to have a backup * server in case the primary fails. What
would the connections look like to have it become available should the
primary fail?
Any recommendations for a channel bank or SIP phones? I was leaning
toward the AdTran TA750, but I'm open to ideas.

Thanks for your time,

Paul Concepcion
Manitoba Community Connections