[Asterisk-Users] Playback Volume for Record Application

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at unorthodox.com
Mon Mar 22 08:11:47 MST 2004

The Asterisk Demo prompts come through "loud and clear" on any phone
that I use to call in on. When someone leaves me voicemail, it also
comes through loud and clear.

When I use the "Record" application and then use the recorded file in
a "Playback" or "Background" application, it is very soft (clear, but
the volume is cranked way down). This is true for all format types
(I've tried wav, WAV and gsm). Also, from a number of different input
devices (headset using an DIAX, real phone connected on the lan to *,
etc.).

Just curious whether there is anything I can do to improve the volume,
other than recording the prompts in another application and dropping
in the resulting files (it's obviously ultra-convenient to be able to
change prompts just by dialing the correct extension) :-).