[Asterisk-Users] Can i do voice chat without using the hardware

suresh kumar idcsureshp at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 07:31:00 MST 2004

Hi,

INSTALLED ASTERISK PROPERLY AND WORKS FINE. AFTER I
MADE A WRONG DECISION TO INSTALL iaxComm in the
Client, it's created problem. When i type asterisk -r
command, Now i got display as
[root at edventure17 asterisk]# asterisk -r
Asterisk CVS-03/18/04-18:01:45, Copyright (C)
1999-2004 Digium.
Written by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
Connected to Asterisk CVS-03/18/04-18:01:45 currently
running on edventure17 (pid = 4462)
edventure17*CLI>
WHY I AM NOT GETTING *CLI prompt? "edventure12" i gave
when registering the iaxComm. How can i get back *CLI
prompt?

I am using an on board sound card. HOW CAN I CHECK
WHETHER IT'S CONFIGURED OR NOT?

I'm also assuming that you still have the default
extensions.conf.   If
so, you should be able to type dial 600

YES ... I didn't change the default extensions.conf.
If i type dial 600 in edventure17*CLI prompt, getting
display as " No such command 'dial' (type 'help' for
help)".
So i type "reload" in edventure17*CLI prompt and enter
the key. Then i type dial 600 , i got edventure17*CLI
prompt.
Is there anything wrong with my configuration?
If it's wrong, How to fix that?

Now what can i do to get back to the asterisk solution
part. I am not able to continue ...
PLease advice me what can i do in this stage.

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh

wrote:
<snip>
>I would like to get some help from you.
>My server ip is 192.168.1.1 and i would like to
>connect to another ip 192.168.1.2. So how can i
>specify the ip 192.168.1.2 so that make a call from
>192.168.1.1?

>Basic configuration is described in the QUICKSTART
>that came with the binary.
>But, since you want to originate calls from the
>asterisk server, that's a bit different.

>I'm assuming that you have asterisk installed and
>working with your sound card.

>I'm also assuming that you still have the default
>extensions.conf.   If so, you should be able to type
>dial 600

YES ... I didn't change the default extensions.conf.
If i type dial 600 in edventure17*CLI prompt, getting
display as " No such command 'dial' (type 'help' for
help)".
So i type "reload" in edventure17*CLI prompt and enter
the key. Then i type dial 600 , i got edventure17*CLI
prompt.
If it's wrong, How to fix that?

>at the CLI prompt and get the echo test.  If not,
>you'll have to get that fixed before going further.

>If you can dial extensions from the console OK, then
>just

>1.  Make and iax.conf entry for an extension

>[101]
>type=friend
>host=dynamic
>secret=foo
>context=default
>callerid="Remote PC" <101>
>diasallow=all
>allow=gsm

>2.  Make an extensions.conf  entry for that extension
>in the default context

>exten => 101,1,Dial(IAX2/101)

>3.  Configure iaxComm on the other machine to use the
>iaxconf entry (username 101, password foo)

>as described in the QUICKSTART.

>Should i install softphone s/w in server
(192.168.1.1)