[Asterisk-Users] Home users

daryl at introspect.net daryl at introspect.net
Sun Mar 21 19:43:01 MST 2004

[...]
> there is nothing.  I do have port forwarding turned on my
> office firewall.
>
> Can someone help me here?  I am almost out of hair on my head.
[...]

canreinvite=no in sip.conf for the home phone.

Without that, the phoen are trying to talk to each other directly, which
isn't going to work when they are both (presumably) behind different NAT
boxes.  Canreinvite=no will force your home phone to always pass its
traffic through the * box, eliminating the issue you are having.

Daryl