[Asterisk-Users] Any Polycom Experts Out There?

Russ Beaupre, P.E. russ at botech.net
Sun Mar 21 11:22:06 MST 2004

Hi, all

We're using Asterisk CVS 3-19-04 with four polycom IP600s.  The work
very well and we're quite happy with them.  They register fine and all
four are able to place and receive calls, BUT two of them are behind NAT
routers and when they place a call on hold, the call is dropped within 5
seconds.  I couldn't find any relevant items in the archive search using
terms like SIP, NAT and HOLD.  The server has a public static IP, two
phones have public static IPs and the two with the hold problem have
dynamic NAT'ed IPs.  Not sure what other info might be helpful.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

-russ