[Asterisk-Users] Can i do voice chat without using the hardware

suresh kumar idcsureshp at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 08:38:17 MST 2004

Hi,

Yes.. i installed iaxComm in the same machine. Hope that was a wrong method.
How can i uninstall iaxComm so that i can get the CLI prompt?
Please help me to provide a solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,
Sur

Michael Van Donselaar <mvand at vandonselaar.org> wrote:
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 04:00:39 -0800 (PST), suresh kumar
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Thanks a lot for your help.
>
>After installing iaxComm, When I test Asterisk typing
># asterisk –vvvvc

Are you running iaxComm on the same machine as asterisk? You can't do that.

>I got a display like this (Not getting any CLI prompt)
>

> [chan_iax.so] => (Inter Asterisk eXchange)
> == Manager registered action IAX1peers
> == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/iax1.conf': Not found (No
>such file or directory
>)
>

>Why i am getting this error? How can i tackle this
>error?
>Before installing the iaxComm, i will get the CLI
>prompt. Now it's not getting it. So please help me to
>solve this problem.
>

>Thanks & Regards,
>Sur
>
>--- Michael Van Donselaar
>wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 05:53:44 -0800 (PST), suresh
>> kumar
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >Thanks for your help. I had gone through the
>> >www.voip-info.org and got more information
>> regarding
>> >the asterisk. Still now i am not clear, how can i
>> test
>> >this software. I had gone through the
>> mailarchieves,
>> >but didn't get any solution.
>> >
>> >My aim is that, i want to connect my PC (where i
>> >installed the asterisk) to another PC in my network
>> >for voice chating. For this purpose, what are the
>> >steps to
>> >be done? which are the files to be modified. I
>> would
>> >like to make use of the existing Hardware (sound
>> card,
>> >network card etc), i am not using any extra
>> hardware.
>> >Is X-Lite work in Linux? or any compatible s/w that
>> >works under linux?
>>
>> iaxComm uses asterisk's native IAX protocol. It
>> runs on Windows, Linux and OSX.
>> Precompiled binaries for RedHat 9, Windows, and OSX
>> (Panther) ara available at:
>>
>> http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/index.html
>>
>> linphone is a SIP softphone for Linux:
>>
>> http://www.linphone.org
>>
>> >I am expecting an help from experienced person like
>> >you. Or can you please send
>> >me the link where i can get more information to
>> tackle
>> >my problem.
>> >Thanking you,
>> >Best Regards,