[Asterisk-Users] Can i do voice chat without using the hardware

suresh kumar idcsureshp at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 05:11:59 MST 2004

Hi Girish,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I am also made an attempt to install Linphone, but i
got an error. According to your suggestion, i
installed softphone from zultys.com. That's fine.

I had gone through the
"http://www.automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm" link and
got more information from this link.

Now i am facing the problem is that When I test
Asterisk typing # asterisk –vvvvc

i am getting a display as
Asterisk already running on /var/run/asterisk.ctl.
Use 'asterisk -r' to connect.

When i type asterisk -r, i am NOT getting any CLI
prompt now ... getting display as
Asterisk CVS-03/18/04-18:01:45, Copyright (C)
1999-2004 Digium.
Written by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>

So what should i do now? I don't have any information
to debug this.
I am new to this area, so please give me a help to
solve this problem.

I got an advice from the another expert, saying that i
have to install iaxComm (uses asterisk's native IAX
protocol). So I tried to install that, it's also
creating some problem (Saying that Parsing
'/etc/asterisk/iax1.conf': Not found (No such file or
directory) ).

I am waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh