[Asterisk-Users] Use of Alert_Info with C7960?

Christopher Lee chris at datachaos.com.au
Sat Mar 20 20:41:17 MST 2004

Yes, I know it will definitely play custom ringtones, I was even using the
24ctu.raw ring tone for a while (I've gone back to Chirp 1 for now). But all
incoming calls get the currently selected ring tone.

I should have clarified on an earlier statement I made:-

"Perhaps it's a memory limitation or an issue with the way Cisco are
implementing the SIP firmware as to why you can't select a custom ring tone,
you'd be better asking a Cisco engineer (open a TAC case)"

This was in reference to playing a custom ring tone with Alert_Info (ie:
Distinctive Ring).

If you know how to make the 7960 play a different ring tone by setting the
Alert_Info variable, please tell!