[Asterisk-Users] problems with FWD solved maybe?

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Sat Mar 20 08:28:06 MST 2004

OK, I think I have an idea as to why it get the private number error.

I do have externip=63.88.139.198 but its not being passed over to FWD.

I think the problem is that I don't use the localnet and localmask
statements. On my network I have an old 38.349.233.0/24 series that we
used to use back when my predecessor didn't know squat about networking.
Problem is that this number range is now so entrenched into my network
that I couldn't change it if I wanted to. I have tried turning on the
localnet/localmask but my 38 series sip clients get kicked off instantly.
I'm guessing that the externip thing is starting to work which in turn is
why I think this is my FWD problem/solution.

Is there a way of defining more than one localnet and localmask? Perhaps
something like;

localnet=38.249.233.0,192.168.0,0
localmask=255.255.255.0,255.255.255.0

Folks?