[Asterisk-Users] Softphones connecting to real phones?

randulo randulo at ssl-mail.com
Sat Mar 20 00:09:58 MST 2004

Angel Gabriel wrote:

> I want to be able to make calls on my laptop, and then have an * box,
>  route the call via a proper phone line. Is the above possible?

Yes, assuming the two machines are connected on a network, nothing would
be simpler. You'll just need some kind of card in the * box to connect
to a phone line. Digium has the XP100P which is made for *. There are
supposedly cheap modems that will also do the job. This would be with a
software phone. To use a real phone you would need either an ip phone of
some kind or an adapter to connect your classic analog phone to the network.