[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Speex

Carlos Chavez cursor at corplacer.com
Fri Mar 19 23:41:06 MST 2004

     I have been trying out Asterisk with the speex codec with X-lite as a
client.  I applied the REG patch on my windows machine that is recommended in
Voip-info.org.  Every time I make a call I get the following error:

codec_speex.c:167 speextolin_framein: Out of buffer space

     If I do not hang up before 30 seconds, my machine then slows down and it
can take up to 10 minutes to shut down.  Is speex worth the trouble?

     I am using Asterisk CVS-03/17/04-20:59:14 on Fedora Core 1 with Speex
version 1.0.3.

--
Carlos Chavez
Computer Engineer, CCNA