[Asterisk-Users] High latency from Europe, 500-800ms.

Tim Robinson tim at txrx.org.uk
Fri Mar 19 11:59:42 MST 2004

There is a misprint in the IAX config file..an extract from my file is
as follows:

jitterbuffer=yes
dropcount=4
maxjitterbuffer=500
maxexcessbuffer=300

You should enable jitterbuffer (disabled by default) and there is a typo
  in 'maxexcessbuffer' in the default files.

I am in the UK and the above config fixed my choppy audio to the US.  I
was able to run a-law across the atlantic.  Sounded fantastic!

Rgds
Tim