[Asterisk-Users] Important: The Asterisk Mailing list (new subject)

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Mar 19 10:54:13 MST 2004

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Friday 19 March 2004 02:16, Brian Capouch wrote:
>
>>Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>>
>>> Do *not* send out personal replies on the list.
>>
>>Yes!  Yes!! Yes!!!
>>
>>Let's change the way the list software works so people won't get
>>hammered by replying and rid this list of that pox once and for
>>all.
>

> No, no, no.  Then everytime somebody hits "Reply All", the poster gets
> two messages:  one from the poster, one from the listserv.  And
> subsequent reply-all's add to this problem.  Let's not make the
> situation worse.

Big deal.  One extra email is generated if the user is sloppy or forgetful.

In the present case SEVEN THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED NINETY NINE needless
emails are sent.

It is incredible to me that people think this current behavior is
superior--so often there are embarassing gaffes, and always needless
traffic to the list. . .

B.