[Asterisk-Users] firefly softphone

James and Melody Alspach alspachfam at charter.net
Fri Mar 19 10:22:52 MST 2004

Long time listener, first time caller ;-)

I ran into this message after when I first installed it (although I let
the install start and then sit in the background waiting for me to set
it up, for about 6 hours while I worked on something else, so I am not
sure if something could have happened there.).
When I reinstalled, I got some other freaky messages about something
thhat i do not remember.
Finally, I went intot he reg. and removed anything that said firefly.
Then I was able to reinstall without issue and the software seems to
work great  (now if I could just figure out what 'Max retries exceeded
on call' means and how I can get it to actually  register, I will be set
:-)  )
I have since found this link that tells you how to remove firefly for a
clean reinstall.
http://www.virbiage.com/firefly/help/remove.php

Hope a noob could be of some help :-)

James