[Asterisk-Users] Re: Redhat lastest kernel problems with Zaptel drivers kernel 2.4.20-30.9

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 00:50:23 MST 2004

In article <1079668461.6176.4.camel at vincent>,
Mitchell S. Sharp <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> wrote:
> -=-=-=-=-=-
>
> I had the same issue when I updated to 2.4.20-30.9.  All you need to do
> is recompile the drivers.  I go ahead and do a full zaptel, libpri and
> asterisk recompile just for good measure.  Works fine after that!
>
> I was running on Fedora Core 1, but I wanted to use Festival which won't
> compile using gcc 3.3.x, so I had to revert back to RedHat 9.

Festival comes as an RPM with Fedora Core 1.

FC1 also has GCC 3.2 available as the command gcc32. It is used for
building the kernel. Consequently, all kernel modules (zaptel, zaprtc)
should also be built on FC1 using gcc32, not just cc or gcc. This
also gets rid of all those "type punning" warnings.

Cheers,
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield