[Asterisk-Users] Schools/Districts using asterisk?

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Thu Mar 18 12:54:42 MST 2004

We are using Asterisk in K12 with similar goals. We have pretty much decided to
go with it district wide. It will be a 200-400 phone installation across 9
sites. We also looking at eliminating a Centrex system (called Plexar in our
area). Current status is that I have patched the * in front of our existing
legacy system. This allowed testing of new phones while be got comfortable with
* being stable, etc. Now I am just shopping for phones before we pull out the
legacy system and start the process of moving schools off of the Centrax contract.

Something you should look at in a school setting is the Wisip wireless 802.11b
phone from Pulver. We are looking at this to help reduce cellular costs and also
as a possible teacher phone.

--
Jonathan Moore
Director of Technology