[Asterisk-Users] h323 Dialing newbie Question?

SamW swc at svtinc.com
Thu Mar 18 09:22:55 MST 2004

I am using NuFone H323 module.

Following on extensions.conf works (x.x.x.x = is the IP address)

extensions.conf
---------------
exten => 2000,1,Dial(H323/800xxxxxx at x.x.x.x)

Following do not seems to work, but I need to dial out using following,
due to various reasons. Why I cannot dial out using following format.

extensions.conf
---------------
exten => 2000,1,Dial(H323/800xxxxxx at h323-dial)

h323.conf
---------
[h323-dial]
type=peer
host=x.x.x.x

In addition I tried type=peer type=h323 etc nothing seems to work.
Documentation is not very helpful and there is nothing I can find on the
Message Board archive. Any help/hints appreciated.

- SamW