[Asterisk-Users] Anyone got their Pulver WiSIP phone working with *?

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Wed Mar 17 16:15:31 MST 2004

I have it working!! Caused me to do major changes to * though.

I have had to force all the connected SIP clients to use ULAW rather than
their choice of GSM, ULAW or Speex.

DTMF has to be set to RFC2833 on * and "outband" on WiSIP even though
WiSIP thinks that Inband is RFC2833. I put a call into Pulver about this
and his techy named "Yan" claims this is correct.

I've also found that the Display Name gets mangled. The WiSIP adds a +
symbol where there should be a space so my name becomes Mark+Phillips.
again their techy thinks this is normal.

Thanks to those that gave me clues.

Mark

Mark Phillips said:
> Nope, not nat'd. its on my internal network. I have canreinvite=no set and
> still nothing.
>
> By your response I guess you don't actually own one of these?
>
> Mark
>

> Steven Sokol said:
>> Are you natted (behind a NAT screen)?
>>
>> Do you have any other SIP devices connected to the same network segment
>> as
>> your WiFi Access Point?  Are they working correctly?
>>
>> I would try turning off the canreinvite (set = 0) and, if there's a NAT
>> between you and the Asterisk, turn on nat support (nat = yes).
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Steve

>>> 3405 has registered and a sip show peers reveals its ip address etc.
>>> Make
>>> a call from the WiSIP to any extension and * shows the call getting as
>>> far
>>> as the native bridge. call fails after that point. If I let the VM pick
>>> up
>>> * plays the VM messages and then hangs up. At no time does the WiSIP
>>> think
>>> its connected.
>>>
>>> In the reverse direction, a call to the WiSIP gets dumped into VM
>>> straight
>>> away.
>>>
>>> If I call the phone by its URI it rings but the calling phone never
>>> thinks
>>> the call has been answered by the WiSIP.
>>>
>>> I have 711 as the codec and inband DTMF (which the WiSIP thinks should
>>> be
>>> 2833).
>>>
>>> Any ideas ...
>>>
>>> Thanks