[Asterisk-Users] Hangup X100P Issues

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Mar 17 14:28:10 MST 2004

A reasonable way to detect if this really is an Alltel or X100P
problem is to simply place a voltmeter across the tip-ring pstn
pair (in front of the x100p card) and watch it. Within about five
seconds of when the distant pstn party hangs up, you should see
Alltel drop the line voltage to zero for about 1/2 to 1 second.

If you don't see that abrupt voltage drop, its Alltel. If you see
it, then its either an X100P problem or asterisk configuration
problem. Without that knowledge, you can only guess at the problem.

If you don't have a voltmeter, run down to Radio Shack and buy the
cheapest thing they have.